Lavender Festival Background
Helvetia Lavender Festival is a joint effort by the Miller family, Good Neighbor Network and the many volunteers committed to supporting people in poverty and other desperate situations. The non-profit, Good Neighbor Network, helps widows and orphans locally and internationally and does extensive work in Ukraine and Malawi.
You are invited to:
- Relax, enjoy the beauty of lavender, the flower gardens, view of the valley and find inner peace.
- Grab some refreshments of lavender lemonade, scones and other delicious treats.
- Learn about the wonderful properties of lavender, its many uses and how to grow lavender.
- Shop in the Gift Shop for creative artistic gifts, as well as a full line of lavender products.
- Enjoy vendor booths selling lavender and lavender products, artwork, food, and various services.
- Support Good Neighbor Network reaching out to needy people locally and abroad.
Mature fields of Grosso, Super, Royal Velvet and a variety of English lavenders are available for cutting. Our landscape demonstrates the wonderful versatility of lavender along with many roses, grasses and other perennials. Our farm is a breath of fresh air and beauty filled with flowers, whimsical antique surprises, fairy gardens, and acres of Noble Fir trees.
Helvetia, a historic Swiss settlement, 30 minutes west of Portland, is a beautiful countryside of rolling hills overlooking the scenic Willamette Valley. The Pacific Crest Alpaca farm with purebred alpacas and the Helvetia Winery are both adjacent neighbors. Helvetia Tavern, of the famous hamburgers, is a nearby landmark.